Elevating Maharashtra Police to reach excellence through the medium of research and training so that its service meets the expectations of the people. Provide mentorship, modernise attitudes and approach and bring about professionalism. Promote and maintain high morale. Guide towards commitment to the principles of honesty and integrity. Promote leadership qualities. Develop ways and means to strengthen relationship with the community. Raise it to levels where the Maharashtra police will be second to none.
To Promote Excellence in Training and Research:
- Investing in Research and Training besides development of policies and practices for Maharashtra Police
- Conduct training workshops for Maharashtra Police and officers of the Indian Police Service; also to police officers of foreign countries when assigned.
- To involve the best brains as faculty for conducting training.
- To use modern technology as training aids.
- To equip Maharashtra Police to investigate recent crimes like Cyber Crime, Economic Offences, Terrorism, Organised Crime etc.
- To disseminate information, ideas and implement them in Indian Police.
- Involve serving/ retired police officers in training and discussions to get them to share their valuable experiences and skills.
- Involve members of society in our mission.
- Investing in Human Resource Development through Training, Research, Symposia and Seminars.
- Formulating Strategic Vision to meet future challenges and assist stakeholders.
- Building Maharashtra Police as a professional service.